Thursday, February 14, 2008

Excavating Gold

As I sat on the seat, I noticed the usual KTM crowd. The sunset-timezone crowd. A handful of bangla-like foreigners, a bunch of office-clothed middle aged woman who typically rushes for a seat as soon as someone stands from the seat (usually Chinese), some Malay guys in office clothes carrying bagpacks or slingbags and usually complemented with the Sun newspaper indicating he took from his office building every morning, chinese gel-ed hair teenage boys with fancy cargo pants with lots of 'ropes', 'wires' and belts dangling all around the leg limiting movement together in a group with some chinese girls with cute cute looking hairdos and a rainbow of colours on the clothes, usually green indicating the lala tribe. These are the typical KTM crowd, found at most stations near MidValley or KL Sentral station and are densed depending on timing of the day. Morning: Office people. Afternoon: Teens. Evening: Both. Night: Office people.
And so, getting to the point, after finishing my work at AP Comm and lepaking around Mid and Gardens for a while, we went home. We: being me and Dass. The train looked rather empty for 7 o clock. So, we sat and a funny looking malay man dressed in a collared tee and pants sat opposite of me. He was carrying a bag with some jabatan kerajaan words written there. As usual, by looking at his dressing, I stereotyped he couldn't speak much English. But then to my surprised the hidung tinggi and humongous upper lip guy flipped out a dopod and spoke in Manglish which was, honestly, far above my expectations. Btw, all he said was can can. reaching d. segambut. Still, my expectations for him to be educated increased.
THEN, SUDDENLY, he hands moved to his face. Fingers aligned to position. And penetrated his goldmine. Gross. Picking and picking his nose. Forming a finger-like projection over his nose due to his finger pushing deep into his nostrils. I stared at him in disbelief and he still continued picking his nose without much ado to his decreasing image. I couldn't look any longer for I would vomit and not eat for a few days. I tried staring down and my feet holding my handphone over my face as if to lean my head on my hands. However, after a while I looked back at him to see if the disgusting pedophile looking guy has already excavated the gold already or not. He was just rubbing it off on his bag which was placed on his laps and then continued to pick with his other hand into the other goldmine! Stunned. Disgusted. Flabbergasted.
I turn to see an oblivious looking woman texting away on her handphone not knowing whatever crumbs of gold ore falling on her hair, her shirt, and handphone screen. I'd walked away if I was her. But sad to say, she didn't know. I felt sympathy and foolishness on her behalf.
ANYWAYS,
Conclusion: Mobile phones distracts you from pedophilic looking people who pick their noses aggressively and compulsively beside you. ;D
Kaching!

No comments: