Tuesday, January 29, 2008

V for Vendetta

I watched this movie a few weeks back and the fascination still hasn't subside. It was a fantastic movie. It's about a freedom fighter in a mask, played by Hugo Weaving, doing what a freedom fighter does best: fight for freedom. Then, this guy meets up with a girl, played by Natalie Portman, who is superhot although she went bald later in the movie. It revolves around her finding her true self and is themed on the totalitarian government oppressing it's citizen. This movie is somewhat similar to Aeon Flux but in a different setting and more well directed. The actors protrayed the movie very well. The plot itself was awesome. I found the movie very good because probably, I can relate very well to the movie as I live in Malaysia and feel as if we are the oppressed ones. Let's not talk politics here. So, well, zippp. =] There was one scene where V, the freedom fighter tells the story of Valerie if I'm not mistaken, a lesbian about her life and stuff and it actually, just made me feel some respect for them. I came to realize that they are pretty much pressured being in the society and it's not their choice they're not straight, so, consider them as unique. :) Anyways, fyi, I'm very much straight and single. ;P Anyways, I would recommend all of you to watch the movie. Brilliant-est movie. Two thumbs up. Six out of five stars. :D Peace and cheers!

No comments: